Thursday, February 5, 2009

Real Snow

The past week has been full of snow flurries during the most substantial snow storm in England in many years. Trains all over the country were delayed and London came to a screaching halt this past Tuesday. Thankfully I can ditch the bike and gingerly walk to my faculty with only a few minutes delay. These are some shots along the way.

I can tolerate the cold a little more when I see the white dusting because it is magical somehow, like Narnia, as my Hanan friend mentioned. :) This morning we woke to a new layer of snow, and as I walked into Pembroke college for lunch with friends I was struck by the loveliness of this place and the people who are here and have been here.

"...for I know what it is to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:11-13










1 comment:

Jamie said...

So magical! I love all the pictures of England and the building in the beginning is amazing. I love the verse on contentment, what a great God we have!