Saturday, May 9, 2009

Family Time in Paris and London













I honestly did not expect to have visitors this year due to credit crunch, so it has been a joy to have two different visits in the past month. First, my brother, Dad and grandma Thompson met me in Paris at the end of my Easter break trek. It was great to see Grandma and Dad experience Europe for the first time. I believe the highlight was when we had a beautiful day out in Versaille. The gardens are truly amazing!

My Mom and step-dad Gary arrived early this week in London, where were joined at times by Anna who graciously led us to some great spots. On Wed. we did a 'historic pub tour' in the old city of London, beginning at a pub that wasy built in 1546! We walked over the River Thames to the Shakespeare Globe for a final pub dinner. We then strolled along the river on a strangley warm and clear night, under the London Eye, and crossing the bridge towards Big Ben when it stuck 9pm! (Check out the beautiful twilight on the Thames.) I look forward to Mom and Gary returning from their 'Best of Britian' tour they began today, when we will have a weekend in the Cotswolds before coming back to Cambridge. Funny, all this traveling has made coming home quite nice. :) I look forward to a lovely summer in Cambridge. I do miss people from home dearly as the weather gets warmer. The plan is to come back and work in SLO again starting in October, so my Europe experience will be over in a few short months. Praise Jesus for this time!

2 comments:

Dave, Kristal and Wes said...

Sounds amazing...but I'm glad to hear your coming home! Call sometime I would love to catch up.

Emily said...

Your pictures are just lovely. I think it's wonderful that you got to do this!