Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My California Christmas Adventure (2)

I was able to play dress up with Ella and Luke! (haha - Luke's blackmail picture for when he gets older. He is such a happy kid, he smiles huge even when he looks like a girl!)
And dress up with my cousin Joy and sister Sybil in these sweet robes Grandma made for us. Silky! Mine has books because I guess my aunt Marcia and I are the bookworms. (haha)

Back in Arroyo Grande, I was so happy to see Katie and Joey Hill's baby Annaleigh twice, the second time with Jen and Kyle Lind as they went through town after Christmas. I am so amazed to have you guys as friends, love you!

I got to spend some good time with Dad, here at Christmas Eve dinner at my Grandma Maxine's. It was a wonderful meal in her fancy dining room.

I can't forget the fun spontaneous Sunday hangout extravaganza at Leah's where we played ultimate frisbee in the rain, had "pepperment" hot chocolate, played the hand motion game, ordered pizza, and ended with an amazing 4 on 4 dance off. I must say that Calvary SLO friends, you are the best worldwide! Keep loving Jesus and being crazy fun, I love it!
Overall I was incredibly blessed by the trip and it has revived me to come back to Cambridge with confidence, filled up with love so I can try to pour out on others here. It was -2 deg with snow and ice covering the ground when I arrived, but the joy inside should keep me warm for a good while. My New Year's resolution is to be healed this year from the inside out from some struggles I've been having with health and feelings of lack of confidence and inadequacies in relationships. But I know God is not finished working on me!
He who is seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!"...To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life." Revelation 21:5,6 I want some of that in 2009!
What's your New Year's Resolution?

1 comment:

Linda Z said...

So glad you had a great visit and sorry I missed you!