Monday, March 23, 2009

Springtime treats

Footpath in the Cotswold's village of Blocking

Lovely dinner after long day of walking with Vanessa


Precious view of farm from Dover Hill (highest point in Cotswolds)

Typical farm house in village of Chipping Camden

I admit it, I am terribly spoiled! It is so easy to not see the forest for the trees in the monotony of everyday life, but today I feel overwhelmingly THANKFUL for how the Lord, and the people he puts in my life, bless me!
This past weekend I was privledged to take a trip to an "area of outstanding natural beauty" called the Cotswolds. This quaint village landscape is covered in farms, agriculture and breathtaking estates owned by the rich and famous, artists and retirees. My friend Vanessa and I did not see an unkept garden or house, and not one was ugly. The arts and crafts style found its way to the Cotswolds with the architect William Morris, and the cottages and massive homes that result are absolutely charming. I look forward to returning with my mom and Gary when they visit in May, I am already looking forward to it!
Today the blessings did not stop. I received a package this morning from my sweet friend Kristal who I lived with for many years and is now living in Atascadero with her husband and baby Wes. I was so excited to see that she had included some of my favorite items from Trader Joes, some body butter and a teapot shaped spoon rest! What else could a girl want, really? Thank you, Kristal! Those who know her, give her a big hug for me!
I thank my God every time I remember you. Philippians 1:3


No comments: