Sunday, March 15, 2009

Thankful for Girlfriends

"If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given to you." John 15: 7
God is so faithful to answer prayers. After leaving the amazing fellowship in SLO after Christmas, I began to really miss the wonderful women that God has been so faithful to surround me by for the past few years. Women like Kristal Thomas, Katie Hill, Jen Lind, Jaime Lien, Leah Prendez, Melissa Trowbridge, Steph Chroman, Sherry, Wendy, the list goes on an on! I have grown up mentally, physically, and spiritually with these women. I realize now how special it was and is to share our lives and our walks with Jesus. I cherish the times we had through Cal Poly and working, through hards times and celebrations.
When February came around, I began to ache for Christian girl friendships. Humbled, I prayed for true friends. Now a little over a month later, I can say that God is faithful once again to hear my cries, in little and big things. The following lovely ladies have been a blessing to me, and I'm praying God would help me to more and more be a blessing to them and those I meet in Cambridge. What a great God he is to know exactly what we need!
My new friend Eloise (from South Africa) on our way to Notting Hill Market on Portebello St in London. :) She invited me for the day in London and a visit to Hillsong church for an encouraging time of worship.
Tower Bridge in London (photo taken by South African new girlfriends I shared a sunny day in London with.)

Elizabeth (US), Kat (UK), Vanessa (S. Africa), me and Ruth (Irish) at Hughes Hall Boat Club Black Tie. I met all these ladies at the Christian Graduate Society bible study.

Nicki and I enjoying a coffee date before classes. (God answered our prayer from last term for her to get a nursing job here - yea!)

Hastings (from Florida) and I at Bella Italia on student night. I cherish friends who like to look for ways to enjoy life here on a budget.

4 comments:

Linda Z said...

Praise God for His provision of kindred spirits! That's awesome! :)

Dave, Kristal and Wes said...

You and Jen were answers to my prayers too! I love and miss ya girl!

Robyn Wood said...

Lori,
Loved reading your blog and seeing your pictures! Makes me want to travel! Miss you girl. Love your verse on top too. Isn't that comforting to know the Lord cares.

The Zaballos Family said...

Scott and I just walked by your old apartment and it made me think of you and some pretty sweet Tuesday nights. I miss you and hope all is well over there! xoxo