Saturday, November 8, 2008

Moments of Loveliness
















Today was cloudy and drizzly but around noon the sun peaked out. This is the view out my upstairs bathroom window of the gardens behind the neighborhood homes...umm pretty.

The first few pictures are of the Christian Graduate Society Cafe event I went to last night at the Graduate Union. They had live music from some guys playing bluegrass :) and a S. Korean girl who played the piano very beautifully. American friends Nicki and Eric Appeal (on the couch) and Michelle (orginally from Texas who is married to Ethan who is from Colorado.) Nicki and Eric, Michelle and Ethan have made me feel at home when nothing else seems familiar, so they are included in my 'moments of loveliness'.

3 comments:

Nancy Pharis said...

Lori There is a pigeon flying across your photograph in your backyard photo-cool. Its fun to see how the backyards and gardens are designed.
Love Mom

Jeanette said...

Hi Lori!!! I finally looked up the blog address your mom gave me!!! So glad to hear that you are doing so well! Anyway, email me at mrsjdjames@yahoo.com because both Anna McCarthy and my sister in law Sarah are living in London right now and I truly believe you would all get along really well! And by the way, good luck with school! Not quite Cal Poly, huh? :)

Anna McCarthy said...

Lori,
Just got your blogspot and can't wait to read about your time in the UK so far. I am in London and want to come see you in Cambridge! Please come stay with me in London as well! My email is indieanna@gmail.com and my cell is 07824998050. Look forward to seeing you! Are you on facebook?
Anna Mccarthy