Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Thoughts

Dear Family and Friends,

I wanted to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving and send my love! I am so thankful for such supportive and loving family and friends. I thank God for the opportunities and blessings he has showered on us in the past year and throughout our lives.

Psalm 16: 5-6, 11 "Lord, you have assignmed me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance...You have made know to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand"

Philippians 4:8 "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, what is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent and praiseworthy - think about such things."

Being far away from home this Thanksgiving makes me even more thankful for the special relationships I have with each of you. I've met so many people from all over the world here in Cambridge, I see how their backgrounds have shaped them into the people they are today. You all have help mold me into someone who values people, love Jesus, and has confidence to do the things he puts on my heart. I thank God for you! I'd love to hear what you are thankful for this holiday!

In thinking towards Christmas, I received this video from a friend and it struck a cord with me. I thought I would pass it on to challenge many of you who are feeling a frustrated about the material aspect of the day. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVqqj1v-ZBU

2 comments:

RobinZ said...

Hi Lori,
Even though you were soo far from home, I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving. I love to read your new posts and see some of the sights. Thanks for including the video. I think it's time to get back to Christ at Christmas time.

thesampsonlife said...

We missed you soooo much on Thursday! Can't wait to see you at Christmas. That video was awesome by the way. Love ya!