Friday, October 17, 2008

First Formal Hall





Formal Hall is a tradition in Cambridge where the students join the Fellows weekly or bi-weekly to eat a nice 3-course meal (including beautiful desserts like these.) We started with drinks in a room upstairs, then dinner is served in the dining hall with a full place setting and candles, we finish with port and fruit upstairs once again. Hughes Hall does not require that you wear gowns (they look like graduation gowns) but many other colleges do. I wore mine just for fun. :) I wasn't able to attend the first formal hall, so I scheduled to come to the second which was on a Tuesday, so not very many people came, but it was really enjoyable. I sat next to Anne from Holland, a really nice girl. I'm going again Friday night, so that should be a great time! The food is good!

No comments: