Saturday, October 4, 2008

The House

When I opened the door to my room, I exclaimed "You are kidding me!?" because it was so big! It must have formally been the living room because as you can see there is a nice bay window and fire place with fancy tiles that I believe is operable. The room is 3 times as big as the one I was looking to rent, so plenty of room for visitors!
(Mom, thought you would appreciate some pictures of the detail of the crown molding around the room and light fixture. :) Oh so very English.)
I did some furniture arranging, so the desk is now by the heater because of the wired internet connection and the chair is by the window. I'm going to see if any of the other girls don't want one of their chairs so I can have two with a small table for visitors for tea. More of the rest of the house in my next post - this blog thing only let me add these 5 photos.




4 comments:

aprilmae said...

Lori - so cool! We love the room. The blue door to your house is so cute - it is just like Notting Hill! Miss you tons already, but we are so glad you having an amazing time already.
-Kristal and April

RobinZ said...

Lori-You are on a awesome adventure! Your new place is wonderful.I'm glad you have a blog so I can keep track of you. Take care and know that you are missed.
Robin

JW said...

We are so very excited for you. I love hearing how God is providing for you and blessing you as you stepped out into this adventure. We can't wait to hear more! Love you.
Tim & Jill

blah said...

I am so excited for you, Lori! Your room looks awesome and the pics of the neighborhood remind me so much of my time in York. You are going to have so much fun! Have a great time and don't let the rain get you down! Because it will rain!

Tom & Lu