Thursday, October 30, 2008

Good Finds




On my way home from classes today, I stopped in this local and organic shop that one of my classmates recommended. They were wonderful local veggies, cheeses, meats and breads, and some pumpkins! I left with the lovely Coffee and Walnut Bread (which I had immediately with tea when I got home!), cherry tomatoes, a small batch of aspargas, an onion and some parsnips. Anyone ever heard of parsnips? We had them at formal hall - they are a little like carrots but sweet, like a sweet potato is to a potato! I am definitely going back to that shop to try their goat cheese! Yum! I also picked up a black wool coat at the charity shop for 1 pound - great finds all around today!


2 comments:

Blstanzel said...

That's so funny about the parsnips! We eat them here a lot- in soups especially, they are my favorite in soups and risotto...mmmm! Good stuff. Glad you are having a great time. If you want a break come on over here for a visit. There are some great cheap flights on Ryanair. Take Care

Lori said...

great recipe ideas Leah! I need to experience some more Euro foods. :) Thanks so much for the invite, I would love to come see your kids and the church there. I will have some more time after the New Year, so I will be in touch about that! :) Let me know if there a special time I should plan for!