Sunday, October 5, 2008

Tea Time



So I thought I would start the tour of the kitchen over a cup of tea with you. I'm starting to see why people drink tea so much here, it is a tea kind of day, more cold and rainy than I've seen it since I've arrived. (As you can tell from the picture I am quite exhausted from all my activities.) I found this set of 3 brown and white tea cups and saucers made in England at the Charity Shop (Thrift Store) for 1 pound. They are something nice to bring back with me. :) Jenn Lawson, if you read this, know that I bought Yorkshire Tea in memory of our tea times in Scotland. I also got those Hob Nob "digestives" (cookies) that are soooo good. I love the sweets!


As you can see, our kitchen is a nice black and white theme with blue accents. We don't have any utensils or cookware, so the housemates and slowly acquiring things as we go. Overall it is a good kitchen for what we need it for. We are all headed to the famous Cambridge Blue Pub for dinner tonight as Hughes Hall doesn't serve food on Sunday evenings. The pub is a popular friendly neighborhood gathering place that has food and rowing things all over the walls. Jennifer took me there a year ago and now its about 10 houses down from where I live!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Lori! OMG, your place is so cute! I love the blue door, the fireplace, your tea cups, ahh, so English. I totally see you soaking up the history as you live in it. It sounds like things are going great. That is so cool you hung out w/ the Appels. Tell them hello for me. Things in Denver are great. I got a job teaching 4th grade! It's been 2 weeks and I am overwhelmed but so so grateful. Ok, I feel like this is turning into an e-mail more than a post, so I'll stop. But let's stay in touch b/c I want to hear more!

Jamie said...

Lori, England is beautiful and your house is adorable! I love your brown teacups. drink some peppermint tea (my favorite) for me. Glad you made it safely.

Cyndy said...

I'm so proud of you! You look so happy in all the pics. Your roomies are beautiful. I'm very envious of all your adventures. I read your blogs every few days to keep up and I love all the photos especially the minis!!Love you very much,
Aunt Cyndy

Emily said...

"Digestives" just doesn't sound as appetizing as "cookies" now does it? :) Your place and roomates are darling!