Sunday, October 26, 2008

Proper Tea









This Sunday afternoon, I persuaded my housemates Margita and Christine to put off studying and go to proper tea with me in the City Centre at Auntie's Tea Shop, across from famous King's College.

Margita is from Croatia and had never had a proper English Tea with scones and cream! We enjoyed experiencing it with her for the first time. The fresh baked scones and tea were amazing, yum! We walked along the river and had a nice talk about how we have been challenged and humbled since we've arrived at the diverse backgrounds we are privledged to interact with here at Cambridge. I heart my housemates!













1 comment:

Nancy Pharis said...

Hi Lori It sounds like you and your housemates are making some great memories with tea. I can remember some great memories with my Grandmother Hughes (your greatgrandmother) who was from London. We sometimes had tea together three times a day. She would say a diddy while holding up the pot of tea and swishing it around before the tea was poured. I wish I was there to share it with you.
Love Mom